Keep your Navy Bay jewellery looking its best...
Navy Bay only uses hard wearing semi-precious gemstones, 14k gold-filled and sterling silver elements, but we still recommend giving your jewellery a little care and attention to keep it looking its best.
- All Navy Bay pieces benefit from being handled and worn with care, and being kept clean. When not wearing your jewellery, always keep it in a soft pouch or jewellery box so it is not scratched or bent out of shape.
- Gold Filled will not tarnish, peel or flake off with time like gold-plated, but you do have to treat it with care and clean it from time to time; specifically delicate chains which have a thinner layer of gold than chunkier gold-filled jewellery.
- Please take care not to put perfume, oils or moisturisers directly on the gold-filled chains as this will make them appear dull. Put your jewellery on after applying! Please note that chlorine found in swimming pools and cleaning products can permanently damage gold-filled.
- Gold-filled jewellery may get dirty, making it appear dull. You can gently remove the dull film with a jewelry cleanser or soap and warm water and a soft cloth. After carefully cleaning, rinse with warm water and gently pat dry. Make sure the item is thoroughly dry before storing.
- All Navy Bay semi-precious gemstones benefit from a gentle clean with warm soapy water and a soft cloth every few months - this will make them sparkle again!